Blood Music Forum
Beer Recommendation Thread - Printable Version

+- Blood Music Forum (http://blood-music.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Public Forum (http://blood-music.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Forum (http://blood-music.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Beer Recommendation Thread (/showthread.php?tid=490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Godflesh - 12-05-2017

My beer box should arrive on Friday. They just released their new unboxing video, in which they briefly introduce the beers. If you have joined the Mikkeller Beer Club members private FB group, you can see the video, but I guess you have not and will not Smile

Fantastic beers! Mostly IPA style, well actually 4 out of 10. I've tasted a couple already, those 9-11% ABVs and the gose. The dark beers are lined up for cold January.

For those who are interested, styles in this box include Gammel Dansk flavored lager, Ris a la Mande flavored Christmas ale, berliner weisse with white grapes, NEIPA, passionfruit & sea salt gose, triple IPA or triple NEIPA, double IPA with lactose, beer cocktail (10% ABV ginger & lime cocktail mix to be mixed with a 2,8% passionfruit berliner weisse).

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Aldhissla - 12-06-2017

Did a bit of catching up on my beer christmas calendar yesterday (drinking, I mean). Found a really nice craft beer in there which is definitely worth buying again. The best one so far.

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Godflesh - 12-06-2017

(12-06-2017, 10:55 AM)Aldhissla Wrote: Did a bit of catching up on my beer christmas calendar yesterday (drinking, I mean). Found a really nice craft beer in there which is definitely worth buying again. The best one so far.

What beer's that? I have to check it out, in case I have not.

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Aldhissla - 12-07-2017

It's Blau Weisse from Hohenthanner Schlossbrauerei

[Image: blauweisse.png]

I remember you saying something about beers being exclusively made for your beer calendar. Mine contained the "Bad Santa" 2017 edition by Kaela yesterday. Complete with Santa hat. Smile
So far I'm pleased with the whole thing. If it stays like this, I think I'll go with the craft beer edition next year, since that one contains some exclusive brews as well.

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Godflesh - 12-08-2017

Did you receive your MBC box yet, J?

I got mine yesterday already. Nice assortment! The only one I'm a bit wary of is the Gammeldansk-flavored lager. Not a fan of lagers usually and the Gammeldansk flavor sounds scary. It would've fit the Beer Mail better.

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Blood Music - 12-09-2017

Yes, sadly I was not excited about these choices. :/ Tried one today and didn't like it.

I may quit after this month. Will give a couple more a try.

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Godflesh - 12-09-2017

(12-09-2017, 12:26 AM)Blood Music Wrote: Yes, sadly I was not excited about these choices. :/ Tried one today and didn't like it.

Wat? Fantastic beers. Lovely sours, and hazy and fruity IPAs. Well, not everybody likes either of those styles. Which one did you try?

(12-09-2017, 12:26 AM)Blood Music Wrote: I may quit after this month.  Will give a couple more a try.

What kind of beers do you like? Next month is imperial stout/porter/dark beer month.

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Blood Music - 12-09-2017

What really? Fuck that is what I'd prefer, I really dislike fruity, sours, etc. And only a fan of some ales.

Ugh, really not happy about this month at all. Just had that ris a la m'ale thing, didn't like at all.

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Godflesh - 12-10-2017

(12-09-2017, 11:34 PM)Blood Music Wrote: What really?  Fuck that is what I'd prefer, I really dislike fruity, sours, etc.  And only a fan of some ales.

Ugh, really not happy about this month at all.  Just had that ris a la m'ale thing, didn't like at all.

Haha, that's the weird Christmas-style ale this month. Flavors according to the Danish dessert ris à l'amande (or risalamande). Brewed with rice, almond extract, lactose, vanilla, sugar, salt and cherries (and of course malt, hops and yeast).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risalamande

The lager is also strange, flavored with Gammel dansk, a liquor with 29 herbs. And the IPAs and sours are mostly fruity. What a bummer for you Sad

Next month is dark to balance things up. But then again, in the coming months it's not likely that the box would contain lots of dark beers. Although this is the the deluxe beer club, the focus is more on getting variety in the box every month and also beers that are not readily available or not of the basic type. There are so many beer styles and varieties within styles that the dark brews are in the minority, thus not likely to be in a large part in any kind of beer club.

I recommend staying in the club for January and then jumping the boat after you get the dark beers.

RE: Beer Recommendation Thread - Blood Music - 12-10-2017

Damn, alright. :/ I'll give some of these other ones a try but was crazy disappointed when I saw what was in the box. Not for me ...